September 09, 2013

elegance à la monique lhuillier

 While scrolling through Style.com's increasing list of S/S 2014 shows, I spotted this soft, dreamy white gown and then and there, I felt like I've died and gone to couture heaven. It was all decked out in winter white (which is one of the biggest, or even the biggest trend of S/S 2014 so far) and had subtle lace of just watching the gown float down the runway made me swoon. Not surprisingly, it was made by frequent red-carpet favourite and uber-amazing bridal designer, Monique Lhuillier.

Monique has always been about unapologetically feminine gowns and this season was no exception. What I love about her aesthetic is that she can turn anything into an occasion and for Spring 2014, she aptly combined sexy with sophisticated, sparkly with colourful, and as every designer aspires to be, practical with luxe. For this collection, she was inspired by real women and their lives, and turned everyday wardrobe essentials (think tees, jackets, frocks) into luxury pieces worthy of the red carpet by giving them a fabric makeover. Delicate Chantilly lace, sheer cloque and tufts of organza fleurs adorned the pieces which came in fresh spring hues such as hot pink, burnt orange, chocolate and winter white. From the runway came defined yet free-spirited silhouettes that came in the form of lace high-waisted pencil skirts, bandeau tops and bold eveningwear complete with detachable separates, designed with practicality in mind. 
My favourite was the silk linen gazar bandeau in a vibrant pink and matched with a full draped skirt. It was sexy yet tasteful with it's peekaboo waist above the skirt. Overall, the collection was extremely wearable yet Monique managed to maintain her signature elegant, romantic, sophisticated and feminine aesthetic. A fabulous fashion confection, don't you agree?

6 comments:

  1. you actually posted my favorite and it is on your last picture the first of the three. i just love an elegant long dress in pale colors - it can look so etherial

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adored this collection. It's sexy yet super-sophisticated, and definitely wearable. The second dress in the second image is to die for. X


    http://www.voguetteblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah I can't even believe I missed this collection because it's just DEVINE! Reminds me of Elie Saab, really amazing :)

    xoxo

    www.zerxzastyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was my hands-down favourite ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha I guess we have the same taste! Flowy elegant gowns are just my fave

    ReplyDelete
  6. They have the same knack for gorgeous gowns, and I can't decide who is better at their dresses!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers :) And P.S. I do read your comments ♥