August 06, 2013

Zara Fall 2013.


ZARA. This Spanish high-street label that has made me swoon with it's knack for not being able to turn coveted runway pieces into more wallet-friendly options, but also creating one-of-a-kind threads that are both fashion-forward and affordable. This season, Zara has concocted another irresistible collection featuring some of the biggest trends this fall such as boxy silhouettes; plaid and stripes. Up-and-coming faces from the likes of Ashleigh Good, Caroline Brasch Nielsen, Miko Mihaljcic, Juliane Gruner and Julia Nobis look all stylish and prepped up in this campaign, courtesy of Marie-Amélie Sauvé who styled them from bohemian (cue the lace) to business chic (think clean and structured lines). 

Set in the streets of busy London, I love how Patrick Demarchelier has captured the hubbub of the city with these mid-motion shots, it's one of the reasons why this campaign is so unique! I mean, in a world of still, posing campaigns, one with models in action is a breath of fresh air. I'm also really obsessed about how Zara managed to incorporate both neutral, gray tones (Fall's must-have) with wearability and timeless designs, at the same time adding a touch of contrast between styles and an air of luxe. If I didn't know which label this lookbook came from, I would have thought it was the work of Miuccia Prada!

 
What do you think about this collection? Did you prefer the business chic or bohemian style? 

5 comments:

  1. great post http://differentcands.blogspot.kr/2013/08/whatiwear-competition-winner.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this campaign! I want those outfits from that first pic!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zara, you got me at the first picture! ;D Zara collections are often quite wonderful on their lookbooks, the issues come out when you actually go to the store and try something on. Sizing is almost always awfully wrong, and the cuts are just pretending to be "couture". In the end it's always a high street shop, and finding something that suits you perfectly is sooo hard! (at least if you have a normal body with curves). ! The designs are amazing tho. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that the sizing can be quite a problem sometimes, but the designs really blew me away ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers :) And P.S. I do read your comments ♥