April 12, 2013

Malaysia : Day 2

Today's the second and final day of my school trip to Malaysia. Last night, I was at the Grand Blue Wave Hotel and it was so so comfy that I fell asleep the second my head hit the pillow! This morning, I woke up in the morning feeling like going back to sleep. I woke up at 6.30am and I felt really tired because the night before I slept at 1am!(I was gossiping with my girlfriends haha).The teacher was doing her lights-out rounds around the hotel to make sure all our cellphones were off, so I couldn't post yesterday's events that night, so sorry. Anyhow, the morning scenery was pretty amazing and the hotel slippers kept me warm and comfy, so I was able to muster the strength to get out of the cosy hotel bed.
Tanjung Piai Mangrove
 
The first stop of the day was Tanjung Piai, which is a mangrove at the southern most tip of Asia. Unlike yesterday at FRIM, there was a boardwalk (thank God!) and we didn't have to tread to piles of mud and fallen branches. The trees were awesome shade and there was a strong breeze that morning, so we weren't sweaty or anything. 
On the coach
I was super bored on the coach because the wi-fi connection was practically non-existent, so I decided to continue reading my topshop magazine. The photos had a vintage-y feel which perfectly channelled the sunny and playful vibe. I also brought the November and December issues of Juice, a teen magazine on music, travel and fashion. There were loads of music reviews and the way the jounalists have put them into words has become an inspiration for the way I write.
Shopping 
After lunch at a quaint little Western restaurant, we headed to Allamander and Kuala Lumpur for a shopping spree.There was just so much things to buy and I found so many unique shops, but it was a total shame that I left more than half the money I brought in the hotel room. I still couldn't believe it happened, I mean of all things! But even with the little money that I had, I still managed to get my favourite Starbucks mocha frappe and three graphic tees with quirky statements, they were a total bargain!
Ice cream from Baskin' Robbins, supermodel Doutzen Kroes for L'Oreal, my dear Forever 21 shopping bag, Quiksilver and Mango stores and the breathtaking evening sky on the way back to the hotel.
FOTD
Foods of the day : 1) Koko Krunch and chocolate sauce pastry (beyond delicious!) for breakfast, baked fish with tomato sauce and mushrooms with rice for lunch (love the sauce!) and pizza that my girlfriends and I ordered in. It was our last night, so the teachers decided to let us let loose a bit and allowed us to get our own dinner! I was really excited because I knew of this amazing pizzeria in KL that I wanted to try for quite a long time, so I decided to order in pizza for tonight. We all decided on Hawaiian and Seafood and both were totally scrumptious! We also ordered a side dish of onion rings, so as to console ourselves for the lack of green veggies haha :) So while you're reading this post, I'll be munching away on a slice of heavenly pizza in my hotel room and chatting away with my room-mates. This trip was a perfect bonding time with my girlfriends and I'm really going to miss Malaysia! But I'm really looking forward to returning home tomorrow, where I'd be able to see my family and blog on my laptop again!
What do you think of the trip? Have you ever been to Malaysia?
Till tomorrow,
Charlotte

8 comments:

  1. These pictures are amazing! I hope you are having an absolutely lovely trip. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog :)

    xo, Meera | www.momentswithmeera.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the pictures Meera! It was a lovely trip:)

      Delete
  2. looks like it was a good trip!...stopping by to show your blog some love.

    www.mywildmess.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is great!! I've been reading through it and i really like it, i would really appreciate it if you could check out my blog so i can hear the opinion of a more experienced blogger

    http://jessicaesiarthur.blogspot.co.uk/

    Thank yooo xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the sweet comment Jessie! I'll definitely check out your blog:)

      Delete
  4. I love your pictures! It looks like you are on awesome trip and hey, gossiping with friends until 1am is always fun!
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely was an awesome trip and I agree with you about the gossiping part loads! :)

      Delete

I love to hear from my readers :) And P.S. I do read your comments ♥