March 11, 2013

Obsession du jour : Nicholas Kirkwood

If you have never heard of Nicholas Kirkwood or his uber-luxe shoes, you definitely have been living under a rock. Last year, he beat nominees such as Mary Katrantzou and Peter Pilotto to win the prestigious BFC/Vogue Designer Fashion Fund and joined the ranks of previous winners with the likes of Erdem and Christopher Kane."Nicholas has created a real business in an impressively short amount of time and has become one of the world's most influential shoe designers. I very much look forward to seeing what he does next," said British Vogue editor Alexandra Shulman of his win.I love his shoes designs which incorporate sculpted glamour, bright, vibrant and rich colours together with exotic materials to create shoes that have won rave reviews from Vogue,Guardian and shoe maestro Manolo Blahnik."I love what Nicholas Kirkwood does.What I love about it is that he does his own thing." as quoted from Vogue.
Splurge-Jada-Pinkett-Smiths-New-York-City-Les-Chiffoniers-Neon-Trimmed-Leather-Trousers
His creations have been worn by celebrities from Alexa Chung to Karlie Kloss(!) to Jada Pinkett Smith, proving his popularity with the A-listers of Tinseltown. Apart fromc designing celebrity favourites, he has also collaborated with Erdem, Peter Pilotto and the latest one, crafting Wizard of Oz-inspired shoes for Selfridges' Shoe Carnival.

Here are some of my favourites:
nicholas-kirkwood-fall-2013-ruffle-pumpsnicholas-kirkwood-fall-2013-pearl-trim-mesh-strappy-bootienicholas-kirkwood-fall-2013-pearl-platform-slingback-sandalsnicholas-kirkwood-fall-2013-sculpted-pearl-trim-mesh-booties
"Nicholas Kirkwood shoes are the kind you fall in love with. They're the shoes you spot across a crowded shop floor and dream about on the bus home," - Jess Cartner-Morley, 
the Guardian

1 comment:

  1. Wow, wow and wow! I've seen shoes like that everywear but I actually didn't know the disainer or the story behind those shoes (so I guess I've been under a rock, right? haha). Starting from Alexander McQueen or Jeffrey Campbell I really can say that I'm obsessed with CRAZY footwear and now you made me jump around like a little girl because I'm in love and now my next big goal is to get some of these :D I share some of your favorites absolutely! For example those wedges - what a nice pair of shoes for summer, or those shoes with the crazy little detail on the back .. And the colors, the shapes.. You gotta be crazy if you love fashion but you don't like these shoes! I love this post! :)

    http://zerxzastyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers :) And P.S. I do read your comments ♥